MS office has released its different version from time to time. To provide some updated features and more flexibility in the work, it offers various MS suites which comes with much better features than the previous one. With MS office applications like Word, Powerpoint, and Excel, you can finish a number of work and can easily maintain their data. There are different bundles of applications, different services feature in MS office products. Here, we have given out the information about two best MS office products- office 365 and office 2016. Both the products have different applications and offers different services except a few one. The article lets you know the difference between Office 365 and Office 2016.
Difference Between Office 365 and Office 2016
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a Microsoft product that offers a complete cloud-based office solution for all the users worldwide. Just by using subscription its plan, users can install it on their computer from Office.com/Setup 365. It lets you access to a variety of cloud services that has a number of applications and can be installed locally across multiple devices to allow for working offline.
- To purchase the Office 365 on your computer, it is mandatory to have a Microsoft Account to gain access to Office 365.
- Depending on your subscription plan, Office 365 lets you work in the cloud or locally.
What is Office 2016?
Office 2016 is Microsoft’s latest version which is popularly known as desktop office suite that lets you access to OneDrive for cloud storage. With Office 2016, one can access a number of applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher. Install it from Office.com/Setup2016. These apps can be installed separately if the entire office suite isn’t required.
- The software is available for everyone as its feature has everything to handle any task.
- The software can be installed once-off on every workstation and licenses are purchased
- Although Office 2016 is a localized working environment.
The difference in Features and Applications
- For home users, Office 365 comes standard with access to cloud applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and OneNote. Some of the cloud services include OneDrive and Skype, whereas Office 2016 excludes Skype as part of the offering.
- Talking about the apps, Access, and Publisher, they are only available with Office 2016 as a desktop installation.
- Office 365 business can be subscribed by such users who want additional cloud services as Yammer, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams whereas Office 2016 does not provide any such services. So, choose any of the version as per your requirement.
When it comes to browser compatibility, Office 365 applications can be accessed from a browser which can be run from multiple devices. It includes PCs, Macs, Android and Apple devices. On the other side, Office 2016 is accessed through the desktop version and does not require any browser support.
Office 365 users usually work with Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge as it works best with these browsers. It supports all the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (on Mac only).
When it comes to pricing, Office 365 subscription plans are modeled for different pricing levels as per the annual and monthly basis. On the other side, Office 2016 provides once-off pricing for each office bundle.
Taking an example of it, Office 365 Home is designed for private households. It consists office applications for up to 5 users. For more information please visit: