Microsoft Office enjoys a cult status. Amongst all the software available all over the world, Microsoft Office continues to remain the most popular and productive application. From business-related tasks to home-based usage, Microsoft Office can cater to all your needs.
Until recently, the latest version of Microsoft Office to hit the markets was Office 2016. However, the new and improved Office 2019 has made a solid entrance, which has already set off waves in the business circles. Microsoft is making the Office 2019 preview available to its business customers. This does not come as a major surprise considering that Microsoft had already announced that Office will heavily focus on the corporate clients than individual users. However, it is not exclusively for the corporate clientele since Microsoft has done away with the invite-only model.
The 2019 version includes the usual apps, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; and it also includes the server versions of SharePoint, Exchange, and Skype for Business. Microsoft has gone all out to woo the customers who could not enjoy the benefits of Office 365. Office 19 contains the new inking feature available across all the Office apps. Data analysis will become more robust with Morph and Zoom features available on the software.
Currently, Office 2019 runs only on Windows 10 so make sure that your system has the original copy of the OS. A Mac version of Office 2019 will also be available for the macOS. Furthermore, you shall have to download and install Microsoft Collaborate, which was formerly known as Microsoft Connect. In case you do not have a Microsoft account, then you may have to create one. Remember, that you will have to use your official credentials. Using your Microsoft account, register on Microsoft’s Dev Center Dashboard and Microsoft Collaborate.
Once you have laid the foundation, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Using your Dev Center Dashboard, log into Microsoft Collaborate.
- Click on Overview > Engagements.
- From the list of available downloads, choose ‘Office 19 Commercial Preview’
- Select ‘Join.’ Read through the Terms & Conditions, then click on ‘Join’ once again.
- To gain access to the preview, you need to click on ‘Packages.’ You will find this icon placed on the sidebar on the left.
- You shall be directed to two items, namely, ‘Office Deployment Tool (Win32)’ and ‘Office 2019 Commercial Preview Documentation’
- Select the deployment tool and run it to install the program on your system.
- Follow the steps mentioned while installing the deployment tool since it contains the instructions on how you can install Office 19.
- The deployment tool also carries other information related to how one can use Office 19 and how to update the application and so on.
That’s it! You are then all set to explore Office 2019!
The preview of Office 2019 version was made available on 27 April 2108 while the complete version will be commercially available later this year. To know more about Microsoft Office activation, go to www.office.com/setup or Office.com/setup.