The App Store badge icon works to show the number of pending updates you have. It is a kind of indicator that keeps reminding you that you need to update the apps. But sometimes the bright red icon might wind you up, or it may seem to be too prickling for your eyes also. If you think that there’s kind of same matter with you, then you can turn then App Store badge icon off on your iPhone and iPad.
Why Only App Store?
If you are wondering “why just the App Store,” then here’s a good news for you, you can ultimately enable the app badge icon of any of the apps on your iPhone and iPad. The process is straightforward, and to do so, you just need to follow the simple steps given below:
Note: Even when the badge icon has been turned off, you are likely to continue getting updates from some of the respective apps. But, every time you would want to do so, this may require you to dive into App Store in order to check out how many updates are waiting in the wings.
- First of all, you need to go to the Settings app.
- And then click on the Notifications option.
- Then you will need to click on the App Store.
- Now, you have to disable the switch next to Badge App Icon.
- That’s it! You have made it. Now, you can quit Settings and return to the Home screen.
- Also, you can check out App Store; there won’t be any badge icon.
There is one more way to keep the App Store badge icon hidden. But for accessing it, you will need to enable the Automatic Updates.
- Go to the Settings and head to iTunes & App Store.
- From here, you can enable Updates switch. You will find it under Automatic Downloads.
That’s all. Thank you for reading this article; I hope the information you found here will be useful to you.