Everybody knows how important it is to keep computers and data safe. Even then, it is slightly confusing that several individuals use the same password for different platforms, and most of them use simple passwords such as date of births, child’s name, etc.
A study revealed that the popularly used passwords over the globe are 123456, 123456789, qwerty, admin, etc. These passwords are incredibly easy to guess. In order to keep your device secure, you must change your PC’s password. You can do so by following the process given below. Here are the steps for changing a password in Windows 10:
- Open the Start menu by clicking on Start. It is located at the lower left side of the display.
- In the Start menu, click on the Settings option. It will be listed in the column.
- In the Settings window, click on Accounts.
- Now, click on Sign-in options from the list.
- After that, you will get an option to change your account password and create a PIN. Click on the Change button below Password.
- You must log in using your Microsoft account’s password. Type in the Microsoft user account password.
- Click on the Sign in button.
- Now, for verifying your identity, you will get a security code. You will have to enter that code.
- If you use the device to access your Microsoft account frequently, then you may not have to enter the code.
- Select the way you would like to receive the verification code.
- You can choose to get the code via a text message or call.
- Key in the last four digits of the phone number to validate that you receive the verification code on the correct number.
- Your registered phone number will receive a message from Microsoft.
- Just enter the verification code in the box.
- Now, you will be prompted to type in the previous password and then set a new password.
- You will have to write the new password again. Hit the enter key.
- Now, the window will read: You have successfully changed your password!