In order to get the most out of OneNote synchronization of files between other devices is necessary. OneNote 2016 offers a handful of ways to share the OneNote content with people. IT also gives the user control by securing the notes. If there are notes of OneNote 2016 saved locally in your PC then you can synchronize them to your other devices with the help of OneDrive.
These days everybody expects the softwares to have a cloud based save, sync, and sharing features. OneNote offers such a feature. OneNote manages sync in a very smart and efficient manner. OneDrive, the cloud storage platform of Microsoft, is crucial for notebook synchronization. In OneNore 2016 to OneDrive sync, a copy of notebooks is made and stored to OneDrive folder. OneNote notebooks get synced automatically by default. If there are many people who are accessing and editing the notebook simultaneously then all of the modifications are updated and saved instantly. Although, sometimes you may need to sync notebooks to OneDrive manually.
Steps to Sync OneNote 2016 Notebooks to your OneDrive account
- In order to synchronize the notebook to the OneDrive account, you need to open OneNote.
- In the OneNote window go to the notebooks dropdown menu which will be there on the upper left side of the window.
- Click on it and select the notebook you wish to sync with OneDrive.
- Go to the File tab on the upper left corner of the screen and click on it.
- In the left side of the backstage screen there will be a list of items, Click on Share.
- If you are not already logged in to your OneDrive account via MS Office then a screen will come to allow you to log in.
- Click on the Sign in button in the bottom centre part of the screen.
- Enter the email address or the mobile number in the add a service dialog box which you want to use for Sign up.
- Click Next.
- Thereafter, enter your password in the box in the Sing in screen.
- Click Sign in
- After your sign in is successful, the Share Notebook screen gets displayed. You will get two options: either to change the current name of the notebook in the Notebook name box or to keep the same name.
- If you wish to move the notebook to your OneDrive, click on Move Notebook.
- When the process of synchronization is complete a dialog box saying “Your notebook is now synched to the new location” displays.
- Click Ok.
- In the Notebook click on the back arrow which will be in the upper left corner.
- From now on, any changes you make to your notebook will be saved on the web and you can access your notebook from all your devices like phone, laptop, tab, etc.
OneNote is freely available for iOS and Android platforms. To facilitate accessibility, notebooks get synced with the user’s Microsoft account. For Microsoft Office activation, visit this website www.office.com/setup.