MS Office 2010 is the most widely used Microsoft Office Suite. The software came with Windows 7 and continues to be a shining example in the field of innovation. Office 2010 featured the ribbon interface that made its first appearance 2007. This gave the software a neater, more streamlined appearance. The MS Office 2010 suite has a striking difference from its previous versions and counterparts since it sported the Office button for the first time instead of a menu. Word allowed to preview copied content before pasting it, Excel and Word were more coherently interfaced, and PowerPoint allowed video insertion through an integrated player. All in all, the Microsoft Office 2010 was a revolution and a fitting upgrade to the previous version.
Office 2010 was the first Microsoft Office version to require product activation for the volume license editions. Since MS Office has many essential productivity applications, it has become a necessity for all the computer users. Read on to know about the downloading process, installation, and activation of Office 2010 setup.
Prerequisites to consider before you begin Office Setup 2010
- - If you are a user of the multi-lingual version of Office 2010 then you will not be able to follow this process. You will have to manually install Office 2010.
- - Keep at least an hour spare for installation, configuration, and activation of Microsoft Office 2010. However if the speed of your computer system is good then it should take only thirty minutes.
- - The installation process is slow if done over wireless internet connection. Use a modem or Ethernet cable to speed up the installation process.
Minimum system Requirement for Microsoft Office 2010
Here are some minimum system requirements of MS Office 2010. Ensure that your PC meets these requirements:
Computer and Processer requirement
- - 500 megahertz or higher processor
- - For MS Outlook with Business Contact Manager, 1 GHz or higher processor is required.
Memory (RAM) Requirement
- - 256 MB or higher RAM
- - For graphics features, Communicator, Microsoft Outlook Instant Search, Microsoft Outlook With Business Contact Manager, and other advanced functions, 512 MB RAM is recommended.
Hard Disk Requirement
- - Minimum 3.5 GB free disk space is required.
- - 1024 * 576 or a monitor with higher resolution.
Operating system Requirements
For 32 bit Office 2010 edition:
- - Windows XP SP3
- - Windows Server 2003 SP2, MSXML 6.0
- - Windows Server 2003 R2
For both 64 bit and 32 bit editions of Office 2010:
- - Windows Vista SP1
- - Windows 7
- - Windows 8
- - Windows Server 2008
- - Windows Server 2008 SP2
- - Windows Server 2008 R2
- - Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- - Windows Server 2012
- - Terminal server
- - Windows on windows
How to download Office 2010?
Here is the procedure to download Office 2010
- Visit the downloading webpage of MS Office 2010: You can download the MS Office 2010 setup from the official website of Microsoft office.com/setup. Use the product key to locate it easily.
- Click on the Download Button: After filling in the product key in the text space provided, select a language which your understand and then enter the CAPTCHA code. When you submit the correct CAPTCHA code, the download will initiate.
- Wait for the download to complete: Depending on the office package, internet speed, an computer speed, downloading process can take 30-60 minutes to finish.
- Installation of Office 2010: Once the download is successful, you will have to start the installation process. Keep your product key ready for this step.
How to install Microsoft Office 2010?
There are two ways to install Microsoft Office 2010. It can be installed by either using a DVD or by using the downloaded setup. Before installing, uninstall the older versions of Microsoft Office from your system because they can cause errors and issues with files. Open the control panel and go to the Program and Features option. Select the older version of Office from the loaded list and click on Remove/Uninstall. Wait till the process is complete and then restart your computer.
Installation of 32 bit Office 2010 by using DVD
- Insert the DVD and go to the disk drive.
- Double click on SETUP.EXE
- When the prompt appears, enter the Office product key.
- Read the Software License Agreement and click on agree.
- Click Continue and follow the on screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Click Close.
- Open the activation wizard and click on “I want to activate the software.”
Installation of 64 bit Office 2010 by using DVD
- Insert the DVD and go to the x64 folder installation root.
- Click on setup.exe
- Follow the prompts and complete the installation process.
- Click close.
Installation of Office 2010 using Downloaded setup
- Open the downloaded setup and click on SETUP.EXE
- Enter the product key.
- Accept the License Terms and click continue.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and click on close when installation is complete.
Microsoft Office 2010 Activation
The Product Key of MS Office 2010 can be activated via telephone or internet.
Activation through Internet
- Go to the MS Office 2010 application.
- Go to File and select Help
- In the Activation Wizard screen click on “Activate Product Key”
- Follow the on-screen steps on Activation Wizard to complete registration and activation.
Activation through telephone
- Go to the MS Office 2010 Application.
- Go to File and click on Help
- Click on Activate Product Key in the Activation Wizard window.
- Choose the option to activate Office 2010 over telephone.
- Call the telephone number provided by Microsoft.
- Enter the installation ID details in the Activation Wizard panel.
- Enter all the other details as instructed over the telephone.
- Enter the confirmation ID, at the end of the Activation Wizard, provided over the telephone.
- Click Enter.