- Californians across the political spectrum voted to pass Proposition 22, affirming the importance of flexible work and the need to include new benefits and protections for gig-workers.
- It is time to push forward, focused on better, permanent, collaborative solutions for millions of workers across the country.
- Tony Xu is the co-founder and CEO of DoorDash.
- This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
2020 has been a year of enormous upheaval. So many of the decisions we faced have been incredibly consequential, shaping the kind of future we want for this country. In one of those decisions, voters in California chose to embrace a new future for work in a decision that has taken on even greater importance in light of our nation’s present challenges.
By passing Proposition 22 with 58% of the vote, Californians affirmed the importance