- Companies creating electric aircraft for short-distance flights have secured hundreds of millions of dollars, but it will be years before any deliver on their goals.
- While you may have to wait to take your commute airborne, investors looking for payoffs in the shorter term have another way into this industry.
- Just as important as investing in the companies making aircraft is investing in those developing the myriad technologies that will enable the likes of Joby and Lilium to take off.
- We asked venture capitalists and industry experts to name the companies best-poised to succeed by enabling the flying-car future.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Few investment realms are as riddled with unknowns as aerial mobility, the young field hoping to turn commuters into aeronauts with air taxis, or flying cars.
It’s a new form of aviation that uses novel propulsion strategies, and it requires world-class engineering, is up