- Magna International is an $18 billion auto industry giant that flies largely under the radar.
- Based in Canada, Magna has been run by CEO Don Walker for several decades, but he’s retiring in 2021, with longtime Magna executive Swamy Kotagiri stepping into the role.
- Magna is in a unique position to seize opportunities in all the industry’s growth areas: electrification, autonomy, and connectivity.
- But Kotagiri isn’t going to pursue the future without a plan.
- “If you want to be successful with technology, you need to connect innovation with making money,” Kotagiri told Business Insider in an interview that Walker also joined.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“I’m ready to retire.”
After three decades as CEO of Magna International, the Canada-based auto giant that’s largely invisible to those outside the car business, Don Walker is stepping down. But he sounds quite happy to entrust the 63-year-old firm that he’s